At this crucial stage of our journey to establish ourselves as London’s most exciting and innovative period instrument ensemble, we hope you will consider joining us as a Wond’rous Patron or Friend.  Our young players are at the forefront of emerging talent in the UK historically-informed performance community.  We provide period-instrument concert opportunities which greatly enhance the development of their professional careers.  We also need to secure funding to develop our outreach work so that we may share the value of period-instrument playing with our audiences and the wider community.

You can become a Wond’rous Benefactor, Patron or Friend by downloading and completing the form via the ‘Download Form’ button below.

As a Friend, you will receive priority booking and regular news of our progress.

As a Benefactor or Patron you will be invited to our private events and your support will be acknowledged on our website and in our concert programmes. You will also be able to enjoy a deeper relationship with the orchestra and can join us at rehearsals by invitation.

Wond’rous Benefactor £2,500

Wond’rous Haydn Patron £1,000

Wond’rous Mozart Patron £250

Wond’rous Friend £50

Wond’rous Young Friend £25

If you would like to support the orchestra please download the form below and return to:

Jane Franklin, 12 Menelik Road, NW2 3RP
or by email to

Cheques should be made payable to The Wond’rous Machine (Registered Charity Number 1174143) and sent to the address above.
Alternatively, funds may be transferred to The Wond’rous Machine, Sort Code 60 30 30, Account Number 36928216.

We are extremely grateful to our current supporters for their generous support.
Click the Current Supporters button below for more information.


Boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate Gift Aid is reclaimed by the charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year. Your address will be needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer. In order to Gift Aid your donation you must tick the box on the form, located above.

Please notify the charity if you:
– want to cancel this declaration
– change your name or home address
– no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.